Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Maximiiiize!!

            It’s been a long time, since I’ve maintained an 18 + hrs work schedule, most of it being studies, involving reading and comprehension. Actually, this could might as well be the very first time. Of course at OTA the “waking up hours” were always more than 20 hours, but that was a different ball game altogether.
             Each of the semesters here is of a total of 20 work days, with 7 subjects, involving  105 hours of class room sessions. Our profs tell us that the design of the syllabus is such that there are a total of 15 hrs of classroom for each course (that’s a subject in IIM lingo) and it is expected that the participant puts in another 35 hours per course through self study. That’s 50 hours of work for each course which works out to about 350 hours of total study time.  Considering the duration of the semester , that  would work out to 17 hours and 30 min of study time each day.  I have to maximize my qualitative performance given the constraints…. Its more than a squeeze. I feel I need bonus hours in a day.  Of course, I haven’t added the weekend free hours, Its like a 48 hour set of free hours that gives the much needed mental buffer boost , when I feel that I am lagging behind, which more often than not is the prevalent feeling.
                Now with the above mentioned daunting proposition, and two weeks into the courses, I am still finding my course through the 7 different courses!! Though I do log waking hours  which exceed the minimum requirement, quality of each minute’s use is in doubt. Anyways, I try to spare an hour for a very pleasant jog round the campus, a circular distance of  3.5 k’s.  I think it’s the most beautiful track, I’ve run on, definitely better than the BPET routes in the Army.
                It is known that the environment has a very strong external input value which affects a person’s thought process to maximize or minimize outputs.  I suddenly feel studious and enjoy the stretched hours in the midst of as the prof’s say “ the brightest minds in the country”…guess vibes are infectious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment